Fill out and submit the contractor application.
Choose a package to bid on.
Print and fill it out.
Scan it digitally.
Attach it in the bid submission form.
Fill out and submit the bid submission form.
Requirements / About Rock the Block
ABOUT HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
Habitat for Humanity Peninsula & Greater Williamsburg is a nonprofit organization which builds, renovates and repairs houses for local families in need.
ABOUT ROCK THE BLOCK
Rock the Block (RTB) is a matching grant program, which assists homeowners, renters and landlords with residences in Hampton, VA to make exterior improvements to the outside of their homes for minimal cost. All Rock the Block projects will be exterior/outside work and must be visible from the street/curb (e.g., no grant funding available for work performed inside a backyard fence.)
- Habitat will pay up to $20,000 maximum per house for work performed.
- Projects will only be performed in the Fordham neighborhood for short-term curb appeal projects that can be completed within 6 months.
- Rock the Block is a hand up, not a hand out! While Habitat will be reimbursing the contractor, every resident will pay a small portion towards the work to Habitat
o Homeowner match required: 10%; Renter/Investor match required: 50%
- Rock the Block grant money is available to all single-family and duplex residential property owners and renters, regardless of income. Renters must have written permission from their landlord submitted with the application.
HABITAT IS SEEKING CONTRCTORS TO PERFORM THIS WORK! Please see the attached checklist for ways a home might be improved to see if you have the skills to perform this work. In order to qualify for this program, you must have:
- License from DPOR (Virginia Department of Professional & Occupational Regulation)
- Any subs you employ must be licensed as well
- Proof of General Liability and Workers Comp Insurance
- Be current on any taxes owed to the City of Hampton
- Contractor will be responsible for obtaining all permits from the City of Hampton for some required work.
- Contractor must not be delinquent on any taxes to City of Hampton
- Contractors will be required to warranty all work (materials and labor) for one year.
Please contact Dava Warner, Community Engagement Manager Habitat for Humanity Peninsula and Greater Williamsburg