Rock the Block is a home improvement matching grant program. It is a partnership between Habitat for Humanity and Hampton Redevelopment & Housing Authority, made possible through funding from the City of Hampton.
The program assists homeowners, renters and landlords with their residences in targeted Hampton neighborhoods to make exterior improvements to the outside of their homes.
- Rock the Block is a hand up, not a hand out! Everyone will pay a small portion towards the work (as little as $50.00).
- Rock the Block grant money is available to all single-family and duplex residential property owners and renters, within the identified neighborhood, regardless of income. Renters must have written permission from their landlord submitted with the application.
- Habitat will grant up to $20,000 per house. Grants are available for short-term curb appeal projects that can be completed within 6 months.
- Homeowner match required: 10% of grant funds provided
- Renter/Investor match required: 50% of grant funds provided
- Applications for Rock the Block are accepted quarterly for each target area in Hampton. The application package will be available at the local Hampton Redevelopment and Housing Authority office, Habitat for Humanity office and online each quarter.
Upcoming Rock the Block Neighborhood
Applications for Rock the Block 2023 is March 1, 2023 – April 15, 2023.
Canvassing is underway and you should receive information at your home about this program! Please see the map for exact location!
Didn’t receive information at your home and wondering if you are eligible for this year’s program? Click HERE to visit the online application form and see if your address meets the criteria.
For more information on the Rock the Block program, please contact Maerine Mitchell using email@example.com or 757-913-5652.
Habitat is looking for builders, contractors, and remodelers to complete the paid work. Similar projects will be packaged together for bids.
In order to qualify for this program, you must:
- Have license from DPOR (Virginia Department of Professional & Occupational Regulation)
- Provide proof of General Liability and Workers Comp Insurance
- Provide free quotes to all applicants
- Warranty all work (materials and labor) for one year
- Be current on any taxes owed to the City of Hampton.
Click here for the types of contracted work offered through this program.
If you are interested in being a contractor with Rock the Block please contact Dava Warner using (757) 913-5654 or firstname.lastname@example.org