Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity’s Hampton Rock the Block Program.
ABOUT ROCK THE BLOCK
Rock the Block (RTB) is a co-payment grant program which assists homeowners, renters and landlords with residences in Hampton to make exterior improvements to the outside of their homes for minimal cost. All Rock the Block projects will be exterior/outside work and must be visible from the street/ curb (e.g., no grant funding available for work performed inside a backyard fence or inside your home).
- Habitat will grant up to $20,000 maximum per house.
- Homeowner co-payment required: 10% of total grant received; Renter/Investor co-payment required: 50% of total grant received (For example, 10% of a $20,000 grant would equal to a payment of $2,000 from the homeowner.)
- Rock the Block is a hand up, not a hand out! Everyone will pay a small portion towards the work
- (as little as $50.00). Homeowners will pay no more than $2,000 total; Investors/renters will pay no more than $10,000 total.
- Rock the Block grant money is available to all single-family and duplex residential property owners and renters, regardless of income. Renters must have written permission from their landlord submitted with the application.
ABOUT HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
Habitat for Humanity Peninsula & Greater Williamsburg is a nonprofit organization which builds, renovates and repairs houses for local families in need.
Applications will be accepted from March 1, 2023 – April 15, 2023
ROCK THE BLOCK PROJECT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please make sure the following is uploaded with your submitted application:
- Existing Condition: A photograph showing the existing condition of the property must be uploaded with the application. The photograph will help us assess the current condition of the property and how the proposed improvements will contribute to increasing the curb appeal of the property.
- Description of Project: Please include a detailed description of the improvements desired as part of this project. Please include any photographs or diagrams that detail the addition/repair or replacement of architecture, doors, shutters, landscaping, decorative entrance features and fencing. Your response should be as specific as possible.
- Project Costs: Rock the Block is a CO-PAYMENT GRANT program and requires the homeowner, investor or renter (with written permission from the property owner) to pay a small portion towards the repair. Upon the assessment by the Home Repair Manager, be prepared to pay 10% of total estimated cost. If you are an investor or renter, be prepared to pay 50% of total estimated cost.