1. Complete an application in April.
Deliver, mail or use the office mail slot to submit your completed application and required documents along with $28 per applicant processing fee to the Program Office, located at 11011 Warwick Blvd., Newport News, 23601.
2. Habitat PGW will review income, background and obtain a credit report.
All applicants will receive a letter regarding the next steps in the process. If not approved for this round, the letter will explain.
3. Submit supporting documents, if requested.
Habitat PGW will use the supporting documents to verify employment, residency, rental history, and to calculate income and debt to determine affordability.
4. The Family Selection Committee (FSC) will meet to review qualified files.
Habitat staff will submit qualified files to the FSC for review and selection based on need, ability to pay, and the number of lots currently available. The Committee will not meet until Habitat has fully reviewed all eligible applications.
5. Partner families are notified of their selection.
Selected families will be required to provide 300 hours of “sweat equity,” helping to build their home and the homes of other selected Habitat partner families. Selected families will also be required to attend homebuyer education and financial literacy classes prior to purchasing their homes.